TWO NEW CALLS FOR ART AT PRICE CENTER CELEBRATE EARTH, OUTDOOR SCULPTURE
Two new Calls for Art from the Price Center will give local artists an opportunity to honor earth and/or create outdoor sculpture for possible permanent display at the Center. The two art shows will open in April in downtown San Marcos.
“Restore Our Earth” is a community art show open to all area creators designed to honor our planet and highlight ways we can all contribute to her health. The show will hang in the Center’s first-floor galleries April 3- May 22. All media accepted and up to 2 pieces of artwork may be submitted March 29 or 30 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. A $10 application fee applies, and the Price Center retains a 20% commission on any works sold.
“Sculpture Garden: Seeds of Change” is a special new pop-up show in honor of International Sculpture Day on April 24. Works in the show will be displayed inside the Center, April 21 – May 9. The Center then plans to purchase up to 3 of the works in the show to permanently install outside in the front Garden. Works may be dropped off April 19 or 20 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. A $10 application fee applies, and the Price Center retains a 20% commission on any works sold. Because of the of the nature of the sculptural work, addition specifications apply.
Please contact the Price Center directly to discuss your piece if you have any questions or concerns.
“We’re excited to be branching out with our efforts to now include outdoor and permanent art installations at the Center,” said Arts Committee Chair Joan Nagel.
The current gallery show “From Challenge Comes Change” is an all-women’s art show in honor of International Women’s Day. The show hangs throughout the first-floor galleries through March 27. A special virtual celebration will be released on March 8 on YouTube and the Price Center’s website and Facebook pages.
Rotating Art Shows are created, curated, and conducted by the Price Center Art Committee and funded in part through a grant from the San Marcos Arts Commission.
For more information about art shows at the Price Center, please call 512-392-2900, stop by the Center at 222 W. San Antonio St., or visit price-center.org or Facebook @ Price Center & Garden.
Seeds of Change:
Sculpture for the Garden
· Artists may submit one sculpture that MUST be constructed for outside garden installation.
· All artworks must be original & family friendly.
· Sculptures may be submitted to the Price Center, 222 W. San Antonio Street on Monday & Tuesday, April 19 & 20 from 10am-5pm.
· Artists must complete and submit an Artist Agreement form at time of submission. (A $10 application fee applies.)
· All submitted art must be for sale. Due to budgetary constraints, to be considered for purchase by the Price Center, pieces should not exceed $500 in price*
· Sculptures will be exhibited indoors at the Price Center April 21 to May 9 and available to view during normal business hours.
· Price Center will handle all sales transactions with a 20% commission to Center & 80% to artists.
* Price Center may choose 1-3 pieces to purchase for permanent installation in our new public Sculpture Garden, which will be incorporated into our front Garden.