LIVE THEATRE RETURNING TO PRICE CENTER WITH ROMEO & JULIET
The Broke Thespian’s Theatre Company is returning to the Price Center’s Ron & Marie Jager Theatre stage for a full slate of 2022 productions beginning with a 3-performance run of Romeo & Juliet January 28-30 in downtown San Marcos. Romeo & Juliet will be performed Fri, Jan. 28 at 7:30 p.m.; Sat., Jan. 29 at 7 p.m., and Sun., Jan. 30 at 2 p.m. Tickets are $10 and available in advance by visiting www.simpletix.com/e/romeo-juliet-tickets-82060
“We’re thrilled to have the Thespians returning to the Center for a full year of productions,” said Clay DeStefano, executive director. “Theatre was Ron and Marie’s first love, and they would both be so pleased to know it’s alive and well at the Price Center,” he added.
The Broke Thespian’s successful production of All Together Now in November at the Center inspired them to develop the following production calendar:
· Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare – Fri., Jan. 28, two show day on Sat., Jan. 29, and matinee on Sun, Jan. 30
· The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee Music and Lyrics by William Finn, Book by Rachel Sheinkin, conceived by Rebecca Feldman, additional Materials by Jay Reiss - evening performance on Fri., March 18, two show day (evening and matinee) on Sat., March 19, and an evening performance on Sun., March 20
Anticipated 2022 Season:
· Smell of the Kill by Michele Lowe in May
· White by James Ijames in September
· Murder's in the Heir by Billy St. John in October and November
The Price Center is a unique, non-profit, community center and venue located in the former 1893 home of First Christian Church in downtown San Marcos. For more information, please call 512-392-2900, stop by the Center at 222 W. San Antonio St., or visit price-center.org or Facebook @ Price Center & Garden.